SqlDependency and SQL Server 2005

One of the killer problems I originally had with SqlDependency was that I was trying to use it against an old pubs database. Finally I discovered the database property called “Database Compatibility Level” and it was set to Version80. When I changed it to Version90 the SqlDependency worked again.Well, I didn’t have to do that this time and the “Database Compatibility Level” property is nowhere to be found. Well, at least *I* can’t find it anymore. So that’s one less thing to worry about with SqlDependency. Here is all that I had to do to get things working with the latest bits of SQL Server 2005.


  Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.