Council on International Educational Exchange
.NET Application Developer
Reports to: Director, Application Development
Location: Portland, ME
Summary of Position
This position is responsible for developing system(s) to support business needs as defined by the current and future business requirements. The incumbent will also be required to integrate existing systems with new system as the business or technical demands evolve. Additionally, the position should constantly be challenged to define areas that will benefit from automation and/or electronic commerce.
- Designs and Develops proposed software solutions:
- Maps business requirements to a physical model
- Adopts and maintains programming standards to continually improve quality of applications software.
- Ensures that established development methodology is followed.
- Ensures that system, program, and job documentation is complete and current.
- Performs thorough unit and integration testing and acts as QA for other team members when required
- Monitors user acceptance testing as required.
- Evaluates/audits operational applications as requested, and recommend any performance improvements that could be made.
- Performs program design and development activities as required.
- Maintains production applications as required.
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years experience with object oriented languages
- Programming experience with relational databases (specifically, Microsoft SQL-Server)
- Experience with object oriented development tools (C#.NET, ASP.NET, VB.NET, XML)
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
Due to federal regulations, a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
CIEE is committed to providing a competitive benefits package for our employees. The benefits package is reviewed and updated annually. The following is a sampling of the benefits you receive at CIEE. Most benefits apply to “regular” employees who work 35 hours or more each week.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Holidays and Vacation
- 403b Retirement Plan with a generous company match
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full service in-house workout facility and locker rooms
- Employee Computer Purchase Program
- Group discount on auto and home insurance
Since 1947, the Council on International Educational Exchange, known as CIEE, has been in pursuit of its mission, “to help people gain understanding, acquire knowledge, and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.”
CIEE is the leading U.S. non-governmental international education organization. CIEE creates and administers programs that allow high school and university students and educators to study and teach abroad.
Today, CIEE is composed of two interrelated but operationally independent entities based in the Old Port of beautiful Portland, Maine across the street from the a working sea port.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Application Developer” in the subject line. We will contact those candidates we would like to meet with to further discuss this exciting opportunity. No phone calls please. Relocation assistance is available.
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!