The Desktop/Systems Administrator is responsible for providing first line support to NRG’s information technology users; assuring that user’s IT resources are performing as required. This individual helps users achieve their goals by providing excellent customer service for IT issues/requests, while at the same time assuring the integrity and security of NRG’s information resources.
The Desktop/Systems Administrator will report to the Information Technology Manager and will work with the information technology team to achieve the objectives of the department that are aligned with the company strategic goals.
- Manage NRG’s IT Help Desk ticket system by monitoring ticket submission, resolving tickets that fall within the Desktop Administrator job responsibilities, and assigning other tickets to appropriate individuals within the IT department.
- Resolve user requests for problem resolution regarding desktop hardware, printers and other peripherals, e-mail, MS Office applications and other supported desktop applications, internet/intranet access, in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinate the procurement, provisioning, and management of new desktop/laptop computers, printers, A/V equipment, and desktop application licenses to support current and new users.
- Assure that NRG’s spam, virus, and malware protection is functioning at optimal level.
- Manage user accounts and provide IT orientation to new employees.
- Monitor server backup performance, assure proper backup tape storage and rotation, and identify issues that require resolution.
- Purchase and install new versions of desktop software to maintain currency.
- Utilize VMWare Virtual Center to support the Network Administrator in managing and maintaining the server and network environment.
- 4-year degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field
- 3+ years IT experience with hardware and software support
- Exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, and prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated knowledge of desktop/laptop hardware repair for common issues such as hard drive replacement, memory replacement, etc
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server, VMWare Virtual Center, SQL Server, Active Directory, IIS, Linux.
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!