Director, IT Business Systems Team – Information Technology
Reports to: Vice President for Information Technology
Location: Brattleboro, VT
The senior member of the IT Business Systems Team, the Director, IT Business
Systems Team is responsible for working with the CIO to set the vision for the
Application Development for the organizations Information Technology. This individual
has demonstrated the ability to analyze and implement business solution using various
application development technologies.
• Working with CIO and IT Senior Management team to lead short term and long
term planning for the IT organization
• Interview, gather, analyze, and produce business requirements based upon
business need within the organization
• Leads efforts with IT and Business Management to determine best solution
• Leads IT team members to design, analyze, code, test, implement and
document solutions for business problems
• Ability to transition IT organization to new application development technologies
• Maintains and enhances IT solutions for business areas
• Work with outside vendors to provide support for the organizations Application environment
• Recruit, lead, coach, and mentor members of the Business System team
• Perform Project Management functions for the Application Development projects
• Stay current with major trends and information technology approaches and tools
• Make recommendation to business area to improve business processes
• BA in related field or equivalent experience.
• At least 8 – 9 years experience in a similar position.
• Proven success designing and/or selecting, and implementing application
solutions in a global environment
• Ability to collaborate with heads of program units to understand their challenges
and implement technology solutions
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL, Business Objects (Crystal
Reports), Coldfusion, and Microsoft Access.
• Microsoft .Net experience or demonstrated proficiency in object oriented
• Understanding and proficiency in building web based applications
• Ability to demonstrate strong skills in information needs analysis, requirements
creation, development and testing in a Windows environment.
• Experience working with central corporate MIS systems.
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills with excellent patience, clarity of communications
and commitment to team approaches, strong leadership and negotiation skills.
• Relevant experience working in a not-for-profit, educational or international
• Knowledge and experience with Windows operating systems and Windows
based programming languages
• Experience supporting Datatel.
• Demonstrated Leadership capability (ability to motivate others to achieve
• Strong Organizational skills and strong goal orientation
• Strong Analytical Thinking (ability to identify and respond to complex situations)
• Good Oral Communication (ability to convey and absorb information through
• Good Written Communication (ability to write clearly and to understand written communications)
• Strong Teamwork capability (capability to work with others in order to achieve a
Benjamin J. Scribner
Gallagher Flynn & Company, LLP
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!