This one had me scratching my head for a while so I thought I would put it out there.
I have a computer that I installed some software on using an ISO file and therefore had attached it to a Virtual DVD player (Daemon Tools).
Recently I received a newer version of the software on a DVD. I wanted to install this in a VPC and not affect the other installation.
I created a VPC and popped in the disc. The install wizard came up and I went ahead with the installation.
When all was said and done, I went to run the new software but it was not the new version! I bagged the vpc and started again. Same thing.
In the VPC, I browsed to the disc. There were two DVD players both with the same contents. Neither had file dates relating to the new dvd.
I left the VPC and browsed to the disc from the host computer. There were two DVD players, one with the old version, one with the new.
I removed the instance of the virtual dvd player. Then tried to do the install again in the VPC and the proper software installed.
So, somehow, the physical DVD was firing up the AutoPlay but on the wrong disk. Go figure.
I had a VPC that I created on my computer. I needed to install something from a DVD. A prior version
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!