Here are my twitter notes from the Scott Gutrhie keynote at DevConnections yesterday morning.
I have just done a quick copy/paste job. Read them from the bottom up!
VS2010 Generate Class on the fly: RT @bsuzy: @julielermanvt excellent video on that here http://bit.ly/3J0AzW (via http://bit.ly/YTDwU)
- MVC2 – html helpers (I’ve alreayd been benefitting from these), area support, validation, asynch controllers (@scottgu at #devconnections)
- ahh that’s where generate type in VS2010 comes in handy …with TDD! Create the test, reference non-existent classes, generate it on the fly
- new intellisense – "consume first" (???) intellisense that helps with TDD since logic/classes don’t yet exist
- ~ @scottgu showed code first test second, now demoing TDD with MVC. Start with test then add logic till it passes. #devconnections
- there is something comforting in the fact that @scottgu still uses Northwind in his demos. I don’t feel so bad about my sample databases.
- I think you are puling my leg., man! 😉 @jamesTWIT: The bird landed in the planet up there. Scott said take a pic if it poops on him.
- Always blows me away how much @scottgu can cover in a short period of time in a presentation. He is the master, for sure!! #devconnections
- and I think I noticed a little spy camera! RT @DaveSussman: @julielermanvt @plitwin Does the bird have a little Google hat on?
- @jamesTWIT what made everyone laugh when he had the file new mvc app slide? I was looking at my laptop
- hey, now @scottgu is talking about improvements in Entity Framework. Awesome! #devconnections
- yay – the Dynamic Data many to many support (I blogged about this here http://bit.ly/12YM4b) is on @scottgu slide in the talk.
- IIS SEO Toolkit finds 2700 violations on @scottgu old blog in demo. Finally got a laugh out of this quiet (polite?) group. #devconnections
- RT @jfarrell: @julielermanvt Tell him they need to bring Blend intellisense’20to VS2010 #devconnections
- RT @nikhilk: Check out final release of #Bing maps Silverlight control http://is.gd/4RR7X … time to update my sample.
- ASPNET 4 – IIS SEO Toolkit – in room of thousands, 4 people raised hands as having used it. http://bit.ly/I5X1t #devconnections
- aspnet4 – lots of new support for nice urls and routing…also take a look at page.RouteData … (@scottgu at #devconnections)
- aargh wrong link, here’s the rigth one: http://bit.ly/cdyfvRT [email protected]senfo – exactly the right resource . there’s a blog post that goes w it.
- wish CSS came more naturally to me. Hopefully better CSS support in ASPNET4 will help me leverage it more.
- asp.net 4 – more control over output HTML – e.g. specifiy client IDs, CSS compliant rendering, enable/disable viewstate by page/app/control
- I can’t believe nobody gasped/applauded/etc when @scottgu showed that add reference defauts to projects. This is huge for productivity
- ASp.NET 4.0 snippets insert runat =server automatically. Yay. Few hundred in the box, more coming … (@scottgu at #devconnections)
- oh crap – there are snippets in HTML Markup!! e.g. textbox tab tab,. Coolness!! (@scottgu kenote at #devconnections)
- rephrase – that was CODE editing, not "text" #devconnections – @scottgu showing some of the awesome improvements to the editing
- [email protected]senfo – exactly the right resource . there’s a lengthy blog post that goes with it. http://bit.ly/K03Ai
#devconnections – @scottgu so far showing some of the awesome improvements to the text editing (searching, etc) in VS2010 IDE from TweetDeck
and no onto ASP.NET MVC (@scottgu at #devconnections…..)
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!
One thought on “My Twitter Notes from Scott Guthrie Keynote at DevConnections”
I think that Tweeter is making bloging something unnecessary. Just look: everything you could say at your blog you could say at Twitter. And I don’t think that this is a good think. On contrary, I feel that in this way we lose something that made our blogging exceptional and unique. We put ourselves into the same hat.