This is a half day free seminar from the Microsoft Tablet Team and the Leszynski Group that is targetted to developers. It hits Boston this Wednesday, June 9th.
The sessions focus on core features of the Tablet SDK and will be code and API intensive.
Date: Wednesday, June 9 2004, Start Time: 1:45 PM, End Time: 5:00 PM
Tremont Hotel 275 Tremont Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116, Room: Empire Room
Here is the description of the event
The Microsoft Tablet PC Developer Tour
The Tablet PC is a next-generation PC—the evolution of the notebook PC. Tablet PCs run the Microsoft® Windows® XP Tablet PC Edition operating system, which incorporates the convenient and intuitive aspects of pen and paper into the PC experience. The Tablet PC provides all the performance and features of today’s notebook PCs in an ultra-light form factor, and has the ability to run full versions of standard Windows applications. Providing advanced handwriting recognition and a natural interface for entering data using a digital pen in addition to your keyboard, the Tablet PC opens exciting new opportunities for mobile computing.
This free course provides an overview of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition features for developers, architects, systems integrators, and solution providers. Plan to spend a few hours with us and we’ll teach you what you need to know to get started. The sessions will cover:
- Tablet PC Platform Overview
- The Tablet APIs, Object Model, and available components and controls
- Complete coverage of the new features available with Windows XP Tablet PC 2004 Edition
- Code samples and demonstrations across all the main features
- Discussions around designing and deploying Tablet PC Applications
- Q & A time for more in-depth questions
- Each session will be delivered by Microsoft Tablet Employees or a Recognized Tablet PC Expert from the Leszynski Group. This is an opportunity you don’t want to miss. Register soon, as space is limited.
Who Should Attend?
All developers interested in a detailed overview of the Tablet PC Platform should plan on attending. These sessions focus on core features of the Tablet SDK and will be code and API intensive.
You can still register for this event from the www.tabletpctraining.com/microsoft site.
I had planned to go but since it is a 4 hour drive each way, and I just attended similar sessions at TechEd, I think I am going to skip it and work on my demos for my own tablet PC SDK talk at DevTeach in a few weeks.
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!