Analyst/Programmer Positions Available
Would you like to work for an established local company with a down to earth, employee oriented work environment?
Are you a creative, analytical individual with solid programming and communications skills?
Union Mutual may have a place for you…
We are on the search for two enthusiastic developers with that rare mix of programming and people skills to join our .NET/web development team. As a part of the team, your responsibilities would include maintaining and supporting our existing environment, as well as working with end-users to develop solutions to business problems.
Our ideal candidates will thrive in an environment where they balance several tasks of varying priority while working with a number of different languages and systems. Professionalism, a positive work ethic and a keen attention to detail are paramount.
Desirable skills and experience include (but are not limited to):
· Strong analysis and communication skills
· Thrives on projects both independently; and in a collaborative team-based environment
· Profession or educational experience developing solutions using:
o Object-oriented analysis and design methodologies
o Microsoft .NET Framework (C# – ASP.NET/Web Services)
o SQL/XPATH query
o Source control (CSV or VSS)
· A passion for learning new skills and languages
Additional exposure to the following would also be of benefit:
· Project management experience
· Aptitude for web and graphical user interface design
· Knowledge of application development security best practices
· Best-practice testing methodologies (Test-Driven-Design; NUnit; JUnit; etc.)
· Prior experience in the property/casualty insurance industry
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including pension and 401K plans.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit, in strict confidence, a resume and cover letter to:
Union Mutual of Vermont Companies
Director of Human Resources
PO Box 158
Montpelier, Vermont 05601-0158
or submit to [email protected]
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!