(note there is also a Software Engineer job available)
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
This experienced Embedded Software Engineer will develop electronics instrumentation for the collection and transmission of meteorological data. This role will include writing embedded firmware for a variety of electronic system design projects involving the evolution and development of microprocessor-based electronics systems. The scope of responsibility will include concept development, requirements definition and validation, analysis and detailed design, implementation, verification, and optimization in a lean environment.
This is a full-time position in the engineering department and reports to the Engineering Manager, Instruments. This position will work in partnership with the engineering team to achieve goals of the department that are in line with the company strategic plan, and will embrace the high standards of NRG ethics and core values.
· Write and test embedded firmware for microcontrollers in C language
· Work with Electrical Engineers to debug printed circuit board assemblies
· Work with Software Engineers to develop interfaces and protocols
· Work with stakeholders to develop product requirements and system designs
· Review the code of other engineers
· Help develop and continuously improve software development processes and tools
· Plan and manage feature requests and bug fixes after initial product release
· Product idea innovation
· System architecture design and system specification generation
· Design of experiments, qualification testing, data collection and analysis
· Hands-on prototyping and field testing
· Supplier and customer interface
· Measurement science
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science
· 5 – 10 years experience in product design
· 5 years minimum experience in embedded programming
Technical Skills Required
· Proficient developing in C for embedded microcontrollers
· Strong knowledge of mature software development best practices for the full software lifecycle including design, coding, testing, and supporting after release
· Experience working on complex software systems in a team environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proficient reading electrical schematics, and basic understanding of analog and digital circuits
· Embedded system test plan development and execution
· Able to quickly and accurately estimate time to complete tasks for a project
Technical Skills Preferred
· Experience in circuit design, analysis and test
· Experience with a variety of communications hardware and protocols
· Experience with electromechanical systems and systems integration
· Experience in systems specification and analysis
Personal Skills Required
· Ability to work effectively in teams
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
· Independence and self-direction
· Excited to learn
How do I apply?
Download an application (or stop by to pick one up) and mail it along with a cover letter and resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources
110 Riggs Rd.
Hinesburg, Vermont 05461
You may also email your resume and materials to [email protected].
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!