I’m going to start a new category. It is called “Keeping up with the Joneses”.
Here I will get to vent for each time I see someone working with a technology that I haven’t had the time to play with yet. Every time I see someone writing about their Indigo or Avalon projects, there is a little demon on my shoulder whispering “you are SUCH a loser and a dumb-ass, cause you don’t even know how to do that yet!” Of course it’s all very silly of me. I spend a lot of time on certain technologies and who can do it all? And the folks doing those Avalon projects are probably focused on Avalon and not working with a lot of other technologies either. I keep telling myself that, anyway.
So today’s Keeping up with the Joneses is:
- Firefox Update Nope I have never even LOOKED at Firefox
- New WS SecurityPolicy Published Whoa – *this* I need to look at! But I’m stuck on this darned Sharepoint (with a tight deadline) project
- Hacking MSN Virtual Earth I’ve been thinking about Virtual Earth. Check out Dr. Neil’s project.
- Small CodeSmith Template effort launched Nope, never done any CodeGen. Not used any of the tools. Happily, Kathleen still likes me.
- Concurrency: What Every Dev Must Know About Multithreaded Apps Ahh yes, threading. I grok it okay I guess, but I would like to be much more knowledgable about it.
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!