I think the app updater component (different from the app updater block) is great for helloworld apps. (I should say really, it’s great for more than that since it will also grab dependency files). But I spent all day trying to get it to work on something a little more complex and am now giving up.
This is the 3rd time in 2 years that I have spent countless hours trying to leverage smart client type auto updating from a webserver. And the 3rd time it has nearly driven me beyond the pale. I do not feel like spending another 3 days in newsgroups and on forums trying to get this to work so my client is going to have to live with their old-fashioned script updates on the network and ftp download and copy for those who are on the www. Still. Aaaargh!
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!