I read the instrux, went to the update windows site and sat and waited and waited and waited while it said “checking for updates”.
I stopped it and started it again. And waited and waited and waited.
After at least a 1/2 hour of this nonsense, I finally noticed the very small and very unnoticable notice above the i.e. box that i.e. was blocking activex scripts and I should press some key or another to let the activex script run.
So Windows XP SP2 RC1 was preventing itself from updating itself. And I, a “professional” couldn’t figure it out. Hmmmm….
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!