We will continue to add beginner resources in this section. Feel free to share your favorites by leaving a comment!
- From Elton Stoneman, is a YouTube series where he covers every episode of his book of the same name.
- Building and Running Your First Docker App by Dan Wahlin on Pluralsight.
- Getting Started with Docker by Nigel Poulton on Pluralsight.
- From John Simmons: The best thing for me has been this WordPress dev environment using official images: https://github.com/nezhar/wordpress-docker-compose
- From Aliya Asken Docker Desktop’s tutorial was an awesome start for me https://www.docker.com/get-started the instructions appear when you download Docker Desktop!
Docker can seem confusing at first. But there could be one single idea that helps you “get it”. Three Docker Captains will talk about their own AHA moments and those they’ve witnessed from others.
In this session, you will learn how to use the Docker extension for Visual Studio Code to supercharge your Docker learning experience.
A high level journey through one of my Docker “ah-ha” moments and using Docker for smaller feedback loops on my projects.
In this session I’ll begin with an empty folder and a terminal, and live-code everything. I’ll then build and run the container. New to Docker? You’ll learn how here.
Do you feel like learning Docker seems like a daunting task? All your colleagues swear by it you don’t know why you should feel excited about it? What even is containers? If this feels like you, then this talk is for you. It will cover the basic concepts but also WHY Docker and containers and how it can help you.
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!