This is a new addition to Skills Matter course catalog. Because it is a new course, we are looking to get feedback on the proposed list of topics to be covered. If you are interested in attending, your input will be helpful.
Is the list of topics too long for 2 days? Does it touch on what you would want to learn in an advanced class? You can provide feedback on the course description page.
Day 1: Leverage Advanced Features
- High level review of EF Core differences from EF6
- Implementing logging to capture EF Core’s database and in-memory activity. Learn about different types of logging data to be captured
- Learn various approaches to seeding such as via database scripts, code or using the migration-based seeding introduced in EF Core 2.1. You’ll also learn when each approach may be appropriate
- Using migrations during development,within source control and during deployments
- Integration testing your EF Core code
Day 2: EF Core in Your Software Architecture
- The Great Repository Debate: Pros and Cons of the Repository Pattern/Generic Repositories for exposing EF Core
- Designing Data Layers/APIs
- Understanding complicated mapping conventions and supplementing those with custom mappings using the Fluent API
- Designing for performance
- *Bonus topic* If all modules have been covered, you will also look at EF Core in Azure Functions and EF Core with Azure Cosmos DB (given adequate time)
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!