Holy moly! That was hard work. I have never spent any time with the blogging APIs (blogger and metaweblog) and needed to at least push a post out from BLInk!. I wanted to make sure I could do this against dasBlog and dotText (from which so many blog sites are now derived). With help from :
- The Blogger boys’ (hey where’d the picture go???) blogger api
- Dave Winer’s metaweblog api
- CookComputing’s xml-rpc.net
- sample code from Charles Cook for using the blogging functions with his dll
- some help from Scott Watermasysk on using the metaweblog functions to post to dotText from his work on Blogert
I was able to scrap together some functioning code (in C# no less!!!!!) to successfully post test posts to both my dasBlog blog and my dotText blog.
Now I have to take those tests, tighten them up (eg: passwords, urls, etc are currently hardcoded) and wrap them into BLInk!.
My intention is not to build a full-fledged blogging tool (get posts, edit posts, etc) because the real purpose was to work out some concepts for blogging with ink. But I think pushing up a post that is created in ink is pretty necessary. From there, the user can go into there regular interface to edit, etc.
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!