So I took advantage of the Free for One Year offer of Computers Assoc. ETrust EZ Antivirus that you can get when you install XP SP2 (seems to be if there isn’t already an anti-virus app on your system).
I noticed a week ago that I hadn’t in fact gotten any updates. The reason was timing. The EZAV software was starting up and running at the same time that my wireless was starting itself up. EZAV is faster and therefore trying to download the updates before I had internet access. But there were no messages that I noticed. I finally saw it in the log files “Could not contact webserver…” and nothing ever downloaded. Over and over again.
So I have to remember to do this manually now.
Sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss my conference & Pluralsight course announcements!